Thursday, April 27, 2017

Some Self-Criticism

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9f11judzy6sml0/DSCN0186.MOV?dl=0

This is a vid of Lauren & I doing a hustle. She looks great. I don't think this is my best, I've done the hustle better than this. It's not terrible, by any means, but not nearly my best. I need to be more straight in the hustle, and keep my head up more. I need to be more 'ballroom' if you will. I also need to make my back-rocks smaller. I'm going to try to post another vid soon with me improving on the problems I see here. I video to self-critique, get pointers from Lauren, and improve. It's an important part of the process, videoing, though it can be painful.

A caveat: some of the problems in this video are because I'm prepping for a west coast swing dance competition. WCS is very different from other dances, and a lot of what 'works' for WCS hurts in other dances like the hustle. The next post will be my WCS and I'll show what I mean.